Q. How do I shutdown the Smart-Net Server properly?
A: DO NOT just TURN THE Smart-Net Server OFF!
- You must be an administrator to correctly shutdown the server.
- You have the option of using the web interface from a workstation or the command line on the server.
- To use the web interface, select the Admin option from the Intranet web page and then Special then Shutdown Server and follow the prompts.
- To use the command line interface, you must logon to the server as “root” then type the following command: “shutdown -h now” then press Enter. Once the server displays the message “System is now halted” it is safe to turn it off.
- To restart the server - Turn it ON.