Koha Library System
Koha is a full featured, enterprise class library system with a simple, clean interface. Being web based, it is available to all devices that have a web browser making it more accessible than most library systems. Both the webOPAC and staff/librarian interface are available in a browser.
Koha includes modules for circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, reserves and borrower management. It has built in Z39.50 functionality for rapid cataloguing as standard as well as barcode generator and borrower card creator.
Borrowers can create ‘tags’ for books they’ve read as well as rate books with a five star rating. The webOPAC displays book covers from a variety of sources and allows you to add local covers as well. A ‘shelf browse’ function turns the webOPAC into a virtual library.
Users can export their data from the system in a variety of formats at any time, without cost or restriction.
- Fully customisable Web based OPAC and Staff interface
- Z39.50 rapid cataloguing
- Ability to catalogue linked website entries, video, audio files etc
- Include book covers from third parties or locally uploaded
- Facebook and Twitter integrated
- Import records from SchoolsCat and SCIS
- Comprehensive manual available online
- Cataloguing, circulation, serials, acquisitions, reporting and borrower modules as standard
In conjunction with Anact Open Source Solutions, Smart Computer Systems can integrate Koha with your Smart-Net server. Ongoing support, migration assistance and training is available from Clint Deckard at Anact Open Source Solutions (anact.co.nz)