In our June Newsletter we discussed WebDav Support, Smarter Websites, Smart Backup, e-Portfolios for Primary Schools and Google Apps.
This month we are touching on Smart-Net Backups, UPS, Tips & Tricks, Koha Library, BYOD and VLANS. We will also reintroduce our Smart Computer Systems Team Members.
- Our team has changed a little bit over the past 12 months so we would like to reintroduce our current team.
- So there's a power outage in your school or the lights simply flicker for a moment. No big deal, right? Except your server hardware and files can be at risk if everything suddenly shuts down without properly and intentionally doing so.
- More often than not, you won't have to manage your Smart-Net server but there are some things that do need to be checked often. Server Backups, Mail Aliases and Changing Passwords are something to keep on top of.
- Koha is a full featured, enterprise class library system with a simple, clean interface. Being web based, it is available to all devices that have a web browser making it more accessible than most library systems.
- Whether youre an end user or an IT administrator, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is becoming the rule rather than the exception in todays schools.
- We are working to integrate Office 365 with Smart-Net. We hope to be able to bring this to our Smart-Net schools soon.